General’s Advantage Door is a three layer product, made with a 1-3/8” thick polystyrene core sandwiched between two 26-gauge pre-finished steel skins with a thermal break. The steel is protected by a G60 galvanizing layer topped by a heavy duty two-coat baked–on polyester paint system. The rated R-value is 6.7 and the door is available in four colors: White, Almond, Brown, and Sandtone. This door is used by custom home builders and is a very popular replacement door.
• Sandwich-type construction with 1-3/8’’ polystyrene insulation, pressure bonded between two skins of 26 gauge (.017) G60 steel
• Steel is rust-proofed with hot dipped galvanizing, pre-painted on both sides with a primer, and finished with a top coat of baked on polyester for an exterior paint thickness of 1.0 mil
• Three layer construction provides a calculated insulation value of R-6.7, along with exceptional strength and substantial, solid feel during operation
• Finely detained wood grain surface with deeply embossed panels for sharp, well-defined appearance
• Raised panel sizes of appropriate proportions and spacing ensure all door sizes have an authentic raised panel look
• Double tongue and groove joint for the tightest section fit possible
• Thermal break between steel skins
• Also available in a flush version
• Heavy duty hardware and commercial grade 14 gauge full leaf hinges are standard
• Three year hardware warranty
The Advantage Insulated is available in these eight standard colors. If you require a custom color, our finish provides an excellent base for field applied paint.
Due to color variations in computer screens, please refer to your exact color sample chip when choosing.
Short Panel Design